Honeymoon Resort Selection

Country unknown
Hello! I am planning my honeymoon trip to Maldives in Jan 2019 (4 nights) and I have preliminarily chosen 2 resorts on list and grateful for your advice on them:

1: Amilla Fushi Resort
2: Kuramathi Island Resort
3: any other good suggestion please?

We would like to have quiet holiday at an island with beautiful underwater scene with big marine creatures such as eagle rays, dolphins etc. Also, which resort have the better food choices please? Is that possible to make the trip at 4,500USD to 5,000 USD? Thanks for your suggestion :D

Synthia
2018-02-16 21:00:03

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@1046 Amilla Fushi is not in that budget range during your travel period which is high season. The location of Amilla Fushi is very close to a popular manta ray spot but January is not the season for mantas there. Amilla is a 5 star resort.

Kuramathi in general is a 4 star deluxe resort. It is in your budget range. Even though this is 4 star deluxe it has a range of luxury villas near the sandbank. With over 300 rooms this is a large island. Dining options at Kuramathi is out standing, I have never known of any other resort having so many food and beverage outlets. Prices are reasonable. I can safely say there is no other resort like Kuramathi.

Dolphins are quite common in Maldives. Just join one of the excursions and there is a high chance of seeing dolphins.

Do not forget to attend the daily sting ray feeding show that takes place around 18.00, you can check the exact time at reception. After visiting many resorts I do not remember exact time at Kuramathi, many resorts feed fish.

There is also a snorkeling trip organised by the resort. Kuramathi has a beautiful house reef if you want to spend many hours in the sea you will not get bored if you are good swimmer.

Search the website for "fish feeding" and you can see some pictures, not from Kuramathi but you know how it looks like.
2018-03-02 03:24:30

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@1046 If you really want some other resort options to compare with Kuramathi take a look at the Resort Ranking. Copy and paste below link on your browser for Ranking of 4 star resorts.
https://maldivesfinest.com/ranking/4-star-resorts

Water Villas in Vakarufalhi are very spacious but there is not pool. In fact Vakarufalhi does not have any pool in the resort. House reef is very nice, but I would still say Kuramathi reef is nicer. The sandbank in Kuramathi is very attractive too. Food and beverage in Vakarufalhi is very limited, just 2 restaurants. Kuramathi has about 10 different restaurants. My favourite is the weekly Mongolian buffet night.
2018-03-02 03:34:57

Country unknown
Thanks for your comments! Kuramathi really looks nice.

In fact I am still doing comparison before resorts with Kuramathi. May I know if Finolhu Maldives Baa Atolls (which is in the same group of Amilla Fushi) a good choice as well? Because I love the room style and design of the group :)

How's the experience for diving/snorkelling there?

Many thanks.
2018-04-10 12:48:33

Country unknown
Here is an article about the best time to visit the Maldives for honeymoon. https://wikimaldives.com/best-time-to-visit-maldives-for-honeymoon/
2019-04-24 19:12:55

Maldives

open

© 2013 - 2020 Maldives Finest. All rights reserved.