Maldives resorts with no drone policy

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
Drones are awesome to capture perfect shots with breath taking view of the surroundings. That is the reason it is increasing becoming popular among tourists.

Majority of holidaymakers like the sense of peace and privacy they get in Maldives. As drones are becoming more common the issues are getting more frequent. People do not want their privacy to be invaded by others.

Drones could fly over you and make videos while you are sun bathing or enjoying your out door shower. When it is high above you do not even notice it is there. To your surprise the video could eventually reach to you from YouTube or social media. To prevent that from happening some of the resorts have already banned drones.

RESORTS WITH NO DRONE POLICY
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives

We will edit this list as we get more info. Please let us know if you know any other resort with no drone policy.
2015-11-13 15:27:10

paola
Country unknown
Very interesting..
2015-11-13 16:02:57

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@paola Thank you Paola. Always following us and dropping a line is a great encouragement to keep on the move. Happy Friday!
2015-11-13 16:06:19

abdulla
Country unknown
Being a drone pilot, i,d like to add that you will notice the drone flying with its loud buzzing. But yes agree that there are privacy issues ! Rather then absolutely no drones how about no fly zones.
2015-11-13 21:26:12

Country unknown
I too believe there should be no fly zones but not fully banned, as aerial photography and videography is a stunning activity.
2015-11-13 23:04:36

mohamed
Country unknown
Thats bull shit . imagine your wife sunbathing and some fucker took a vidio above you and you didnt notice anf that vidio went viral what the fuck would you feel . still no fly zone ? Fuck you all fr thinking about no fly zone this dones shoud be permantly banned form making and the owners should be charged
2015-11-14 12:20:50

ricci
Country unknown
Just to be clear, you're against them Mohamed?
2015-11-24 14:43:54

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@mohamed Why are you upset about this? You got a real bad taste in your throat from this?
2015-11-24 15:14:33

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@ricci Are you another drone pilot? If so would you be happy if resorts keep drones to rent out? Or is it too personal that you want to fly your own? Just wondering. I agree the photos and video captured by drones are awesome. But privacy seems to be a greater concern.
2015-11-24 15:16:52

heiko
Country unknown
Ifa drone pilot is not stopping his activity look for "Pocket Shot". That will help.
2016-03-07 23:55:52

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@heiko lol I just watched it on youtube. Its interesting but shooting is not so accurate. I doubt you can catch a fast drone with it.
2016-05-26 23:59:59

Country unknown
Do you mean they have "no drone policy" or "a no drone policy"?
2016-12-01 00:05:32

maldivesfinest
Country unknown
@1019 What I meant was they do not allow drones in resort.
2017-01-26 22:46:37

Country unknown
You can take better voyeur pictures with any mobile phone or camera and nobody will know - nobody with a drone cares about a woman lying on a beach - all just want to have nice panoramic aerial fotos of the islands... and some like to take selfies with their wife / girlfriend - just dont disturb others with a drone or ask if it disturb people on the beach and then have fun and fly ! Today its easier to hack fotos from anybodys mobile phone 😂
2019-10-22 23:35:01

Maldives

open

© 2013 - 2020 Maldives Finest. All rights reserved.